Texas is home to a massive physical NSA facility that relies on the independent Texas power grid to operate. That power is provided by the country’s largest public utility, and Texas can turn it off by passing HB3916. (learn more here) It has been referred to the House State Affairs Committee.
1. Call the committee chair. Politely urge him to move the bill forward in their committee and to vote YES to send it to the House floor.
Brian Cook (512) 463-0730
2. Call all the other committee members. Strongly, but respectfully, urge each of them to vote YES on HB3916.
Helen Giddings (512) 463-0953
Tom Craddick (512) 463-0500
Marsha Farney (512) 463-0309
Jessica Farrar (512) 463-0620
Charlie Garen (512) 463-0610
Patricia Harles (512) 463-0496
Dan Huberty (512) 463-0520
John Kuempel (512) 463-0602
Rene Oliveira (512) 463-0640
John Smithee (512) 463-0702
Sylvester Turner (512) 463-0554
Note: We recommend a PHONE CALL over an email, as this has much more impact. The best strategy is to make the call, and if you have to leave a message, follow up immediately with an email to let them know you want to schedule a time to talk personally. If you can make the trip to Austin, it has even more impact to visit in person. Repeat this process until you get to speak with your legislators.
3. CONTACT GRASSROOTS GROUPS Get in touch – by phone and email – with every grassroots groups you know of in the state. Give them a link to this page and ask them to send emails to all their supporters urging them to act in support.
4. Spread the word. Share this information widely by social media, email and more.
- Federally Funded Tech Helps Police Seize Money from Prepaid Cards - December 6, 2016
- Following the Fourth Amendment Would Help Make America Great Again - November 28, 2016
- The Popular Vote: A Frivolous Statistic in the Presidential Race - November 25, 2016