I don’t always throw out or follow conspiracy theories, but what better way to get grassroots conservatives to support more and more centralized power than this?
- Run the borders like a sieve for years.
- Have a Republican president grant amnesty for millions.
- Continue running the borders like a sieve.
- Start putting the blame for the immigration problem on states and cities who enacted “sanctuary” policies after.
- Call for the feds to crack down on the states and cities.
- Elect some of the most hated politicians in modern times to go after the states and cities with more and more federal power.
- Lose federal power to liberals and progressives over the next 2 election cycles.
- Hand that power over to people who’ll gladly use it to go after cities and states that want to protect the right to keep and bear arms, health freedom, educational choice, or other approaches approved by conservatives.
At this point, we’re at stage 6. I have a pretty strong feeling it’s going to 8 – and beyond – in the coming years. Hopefully, at some point, conservatives will realize that the feds were the source of the problem in the first place, and going to the feds to fix problems created by the feds not only doesn’t work, it’s dangerous.
As the late, great Harry Browne used to say:
Government is good at one thing: It knows how to break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, “See, if it weren’t for the government, you wouldn’t be able to walk.”
Latest posts by Michael Boldin (see all)
- Judge Napolitano: Kavanaugh is the Establishment Pick - July 10, 2018
- The Constitution and War Powers: Jefferson vs the Barbary Pirates - July 7, 2018
- Andrew Napolitano on replacing Supreme Court ‘swing vote’ Kennedy - June 27, 2018