I recently appeared on the Scott Horton Show to talk about opposition to Defend the Guard legislation.
Defend the Guard is a state-level bill that would stop the deployment of a state’s National Guard units unless specific constitutional criteria are met.
The legislation has made significant progress this year, passing the Arizona Senate last month. But with success, we’ve seen the intensity of opposition heat up.
In this interview with Scott, I talk about two key opposition arguments.
- Threats to National Guard Funding
- Legal arguments claiming that “the state can’t do that.”
I summarize both of these arguments and explain why they don’t carry the weight opponents of Defend the Guard imagine.
- Missouri Bill Would Treat Gold and Silver as Legal Tender - December 5, 2023
- Joe Biden’s Economic Ignorance - December 5, 2023
- Individual Action is Nullifying Government Prohibition of “Magic Mushrooms” in California - December 4, 2023