On January 8, the 2nd Amendment Protection Act was introduced, SB613. (learn about it here) It was promptly referred to the Senate General Laws Committee where it will need to pass by majority vote before the full Senate can consider it.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Missouri you live, take these actions today.
1. Since the bill sponsor, Sen. Nieves, is the committee chair, it is not necessary to bombard his office with requests to move the bill. If you’d like to voice your support for his actions, send an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB613. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Rob Schaaf (R) Vice Chair (573) 751-2183
Doug Libla (R) (573) 751-4843
Gary Romine (R) (573) 751-4008
Ryan Silvey (R) (573) 751-5282
Jason Holsman (D) (573) 751-6607
Jamilah Nasheed (D) (573) 751-4415
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us with any information you get.
4. on Twitter? Retweet
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) January 18, 2014
5. Write a letter to the editor Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB613. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that Missouri no longer help the federal government carry out violations of the 2nd Amendment. Passing SB613 will start that process.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- 11 and Counting: Virginia Governor Signs “Right to Try” into Law, will Effectively Nullify Some FDA Restrictions on the Terminally-ill - March 27, 2015
- Montana Legislature Passes Bill to Shine Light on Federal/State Partnerships, Goes to Governor to Be Signed Into Law - March 27, 2015
- Florida House Subcommittee Approves Bill to Block Some FDA Restrictions on Terminally-ill - March 27, 2015