This last Saturday, January 30, 2010, following a Saturday where our phone lines melted down when we asked a simple question; what Right’s have been taken from you or encroached upon by the Federal Government? While we weren’t surprised by the volume of calls, we were surprised about the specificity of the calls…people were VERY aware that the Federal Government was acting extra-constitutionally in many areas. And they’ve had enough.
As article after article is written how the Tea Party Movement and the Republican Party need to learn to get along or are showing signs of getting along, the reality is, what is written below was bound to happen at some point…it just happened to happen on our show. The “people” want a new set of grievances listed and the purveyor of tyranny identified; the U.S. Federal Government supported by two parties that are essentially pro “Big Government.”
As a very activie member of the Tea Party movement with my finances and my time, let me be clear to both parties…if you’re trying to talk to us, to “woo” us, you’re saying nothing that I’m interested in listening too. Perhaps, wisdom and not pragmatism will prevail if both parties read this and a new approach to government will prevail. Dare I even dream that it be a government in keeping with the Founders! I’m not holding my breath.
So, for now, as the Tea Party Movement continues to coalesce around some general principles and the factions fade away…allow this presentation to sink in as We the People continue our march towards liberty from tyrannical rule.
The New Declaration of Independence
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these States; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to revert back to its original System of Government. The history of the US Federal Government is a history of repeated infringement and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
The United States Federal Government, supported by progressive statist ideology:
- Has violated our rights through confiscatory tax policy. They accomplish this by misusing their legislative powers in Article 1. Section 8. of the U.S. Constitution to legally plunder the wealth of our nation.
- It has redistributed wealth similar to Karl Marx’s exhortation: “From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.”
- It has used hard-earned taxpayer money to bail-out private companies saddling future generations with a debt they cannot pay.
- It has committed future generations to over $100 Trillion Dollars of entitlement obligations that cannot be paid.
- It has whitewashed the free expression on faith and the importance of recognizing the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God.
- It has ceased to recognize that our rights come only from our Creator, not from the Government which we constituted to serve a limited purpose.
- It has confiscated property of citizens to hand it over to Corporations and municipalities for unjust purposes.
- It has seized authority from the states and the people and outright bribed the states at the expense of the peoples liberty.
- It has promoted burdensome regulations that reduce the ability of the average American to earn a living.
- It has hindered its citizens’ right to bear arms and make their own decisions around protecting themselves and their families from all forms of infringement of their security.
- It has neglected its lawful responsibility to thoroughly secure its borders from illegal invaders and to prosecute those found breaking immigration laws within our borders.
- It has incessantly and exponentially grown from a limited authoritative body to a tyrannical power imposing its will over the people.
These are the grievances of We the People.
- A “New” Declaration of Independence - February 1, 2010
- An Unlikely States Rights Ally Medical Marijuana! - January 28, 2010
- Hypocrisy…No, not from the Tea Party - January 27, 2010