Status: Referred to the Senate Committee on General Laws where it will have to pass by majority vote before it can be considered by the full Senate.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW to make sure the legislation has the support it needs to move forward.
1. Call the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Committee. Be strong, but respectful. Urge them to support HB1647 and move the bill forward in their committee. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why.
A phone call holds as much as 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call all the other members of the Committee. Again, be strong but respectful. Ask them each for a YES vote on HB1647. If they say they’re opposed, ask them why. If they’re undecided or will not commit to a YES vote, let them know you will be following up in a few days after they have a chance to consider it.
Again, make sure to contact them with a phone call rather than an email.
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us with any information you get.
4. Write a letter to the editor Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB1647. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that Missouri protect private property rights and prevent foreign encroachments in violation of the United States and Missouri Constitutions. Passing HB1647 will start that process.
5. Report Back. Tell us how your actions went. Click the button below
- California Action Alert: Anti-Drone Bill Needs Your Help - May 19, 2014
- Louisiana Action Alert: Prohibit Implementation of Common Core - May 8, 2014
- Minnesota Action Alert: Help Privacy Bill Move Forward - May 7, 2014