New Hampshire SB101 would prohibit the state from requiring implementation of common core by any district in the state.
STATUS: SB101 was referred to the Senate Education Committee where it needs to pass by majority vote.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support SB101.
1. Attend the Committee Hearing: The Senate Education Committee is expected to consider SB101 on Jan. 20 at 9:50 AM in the Legislative Office Building, Room 103. Please attend this meeting and give compelling testimony in favor of the bill if possible.
2. Call the Senate Education Committee Chair, John Reagan. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
3. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB101.
4. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
5. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.