The Arizona Gold and Silver “Legal Tender” bill which already passed the State Senate, has been scheduled for a House Committee hearing. It will be held on Monday, March 18, in room HHR 5 at 2:00 P.M in the House Committee on Financial Institutions. SB1439 urgently needs your phone calls and emails for to move forward.
NOTE: Due to the urgency and timing, please CALL instead of email. Also, make calls over the weekend and in the evenings. You can leave a voice message to vote YES on SB1439 so when Monday business starts, these representatives know that there’s strong support for the bill.
1. Please contact the Committee Chairman. Thank her for scheduling a hearing. Also let her know that you want her to personally vote YES on SB1439
Contact information here:
Representative Kate Brophy McGee | 602-926-4486
2. Contact all the other Members of the Financial Institutions Committee. Strongly, but respectfully, let each of the committee members know that you want to see nothing less than a YES vote on SB1439
Representative David Livingston, Vice-Chairman | (602) 926-4178
Representative Lela Alston | (602) 926-5829
Representative Lydia Hernández | (602) 926-3376
Representative Jeff Dial | (602) 926-5550
Representative Darin Mitchell | (602) 926-5894
Representative Rosanna Gabaldón | (602) 926-3424
Representative Steve Smith | (602) 926-5685
3. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
BACKGROUND ARTICLES AND INFORMATION ON NULLIFICATION
Currently all debts and taxes in Arizona and the rest of the United States are either paid with Federal Reserve Notes (dollars) which were authorized as legal tender by Congress, or with coins issued by the U.S. Treasury — very few of which have gold or silver in them.
The United States Constitution states in Article I, Section 10, “No State shall…make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts.” The Constitutional tender act is a big step towards that constitutional requirement which has been ignored for a long time in every state of the country. Such a tactic would achieve the desired goal of abolishing the Federal Reserve system by attacking it from the bottom up – pulling the rug out from under it by working to make its functions irrelevant at the State and local level.
Passage of the Constitutional Tender Act would introduce currency competition with Federal Reserve Notes. Professor William Greene explains further:
“Over time, as residents of the State use both Federal Reserve Notes and silver and gold coins, the fact that the coins hold their value more than Federal Reserve Notes do will lead to a “reverse Gresham’s Law” effect, where good money (gold and silver coins) will drive out bad money (Federal Reserve Notes). As this happens, a cascade of events can begin to occur, including the flow of real wealth toward the State’s treasury, an influx of banking business from outside of the State – as people in other States carry out their desire to bank with sound money – and an eventual outcry against the use of Federal Reserve Notes for any transactions.”
Once things get to that point, Federal Reserve notes would become largely unwanted and irrelevant for ordinary people. Nullifying the Fed on a state by state level is what will get us there.
Without a single act of Congress, the Federal Reserve system can be brought to its knees by passing such bills in states all over the country.
Latest posts by Adam Henriksen (see all)
- Arizona Senate Passes Bill to Authorize Gold and Silver as Legal Tender, 18-12 - February 24, 2014
- Arizona Action Alert: Help Pass The Strongest NDAA Nullification Bill in the Country - February 22, 2014
- Arizona Action Alert: Call NOW – It’s Do or Die For Anti-drone Bill - February 16, 2014