Arizona SB1291 is a bill which takes strong steps towards nullifying “indefinite detention” powers. While this bill has passed its first committee, it still needs to be approved by another Senate committee before a full Senate vote. It has been assigned to the Senate Rules Committee but still needs to be scheduled. It’s crucial that this bill passes in order to continue through the legislative process. Take 5-10 minutes of your day, follow these steps and assist in liberty.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where you live, take these actions today.
1. Contact the Committee Chairman and have him schedule the bill in his committee.
Senator Andy Biggs, Committee Chairman (R) — (602) 926-4371
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB1291. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days. If you get their voice-mail, leave a message. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 2-3 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us with any information you receive.
4. Write a letter to the editor Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB1291. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that Arizona no longer help the federal government enforce the NDAA’s indefinite detention provisions. Passing SB1291 will make that happen.
5. Report Back. Tell us how your actions went. Click the button below
- Arizona Senate Passes Bill to Authorize Gold and Silver as Legal Tender, 18-12 - February 24, 2014
- Arizona Action Alert: Help Pass The Strongest NDAA Nullification Bill in the Country - February 22, 2014
- Arizona Action Alert: Call NOW – It’s Do or Die For Anti-drone Bill - February 16, 2014