Arizona NDAA Nullification – Your Help is Needed Immediately!
It passed the rules committee yesterday, 3/25, because of the pressure we put on Representative Robson who decided to bring it up for a hearing – and even voted YES on it. The only person left that would hold this bill from moving forward is Representative Tobin.
If we can convince Representative Tobin to allow a final full House vote on HB2573, we have a chance with Senate President Andy Biggs possibly authorizing the same in the State Senate – by releasing it from the Senate committees, put it on appropriations and get it on the Senate agenda.
1. Call Representative Tobin. Andy Tobin | 602-926-5172
Strongly, but respectfully let him know that you want nothing less than a vote in the full house immediately. Let him know that if anything, we would like to simply show support for the legislation for the next session.
2. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
Representative Andy Tobin,
My name is ___________ and I’ve been working with House bill HB2573, where the support has been the overwhelming majority, from both Republicans and Democrats, but for whatever the reason the process to move the bill forward has been slow and tedious. We finally got Representative Robson to hear the bill in his Rules committee yesterday, where it passed. I write you to ask that you please give this bill a full House vote immediately. If anything, we would just like our bill to be voted on to simply show support for the next legislation session. I’m sure you understand the urgency of this bill since the House is already reviewing Senate bills.
- Arizona Senate Passes Bill to Authorize Gold and Silver as Legal Tender, 18-12 - February 24, 2014
- Arizona Action Alert: Help Pass The Strongest NDAA Nullification Bill in the Country - February 22, 2014
- Arizona Action Alert: Call NOW – It’s Do or Die For Anti-drone Bill - February 16, 2014