Arizona SB1439 – Gold and Silver Legal Tender, is moving forward! With the continued grassroots support, the bill was finally heard in the House Rules Committee. It passed on Monday by a vote of 7-2! The bill has since been scheduled for a Minority/Majority Caucus. From there, the bill will have to go through the COW (Committee Of the Whole) before it receives a 3rd read/FULL House vote! Since it already passed the Senate, that means there’s just a few final steps to get this bill to Jan Brewer’s desk.
Time is running out, please act NOW to support Constitutional Tender in the state of Arizona.
ACTION ITEMS for Arizona
1. Contact the Speaker of the House . Politely request that he schedule SB1439 for the Committee Of the Whole and a 3rd read/FULL House vote. While you’re in touch with him, thank him for voting YES on SB1439 in the rules committee and encourage the same on the floor of the house.
Representative Andy Tobin | (602) 926-5172
2. Contact your state representative. Strongly, but politely, let him or her know you want them to vote YES on SB1439. Remind them that you expect them to support the Constitution, and that includes Article 1, Section 10 which says that the state needs to allow gold and silver to be used as legal tender. SB1439 will help facilitate this constitutional duty and you want a YES vote.
Contact info here:
3. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
Currently all debts and taxes in Arizona and the rest of the United States are either paid with Federal Reserve Notes (dollars) which were authorized as legal tender by Congress, or with coins issued by the U.S. Treasury — very few of which have gold or silver in them.
The United States Constitution states in Article I, Section 10, “No State shall…make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts.” The Constitutional tender act is a big step towards that constitutional requirement which has been ignored for a long time in every state of the country. Such a tactic would achieve the desired goal of abolishing the Federal Reserve system by attacking it from the bottom up – pulling the rug out from under it by working to make its functions irrelevant at the State and local level.
Passage of the Constitutional Tender Act would introduce currency competition with Federal Reserve Notes. Professor William Greene explains further:
“Over time, as residents of the State use both Federal Reserve Notes and silver and gold coins, the fact that the coins hold their value more than Federal Reserve Notes do will lead to a “reverse Gresham’s Law” effect, where good money (gold and silver coins) will drive out bad money (Federal Reserve Notes). As this happens, a cascade of events can begin to occur, including the flow of real wealth toward the State’s treasury, an influx of banking business from outside of the State – as people in other States carry out their desire to bank with sound money – and an eventual outcry against the use of Federal Reserve Notes for any transactions.”
Once things get to that point, Federal Reserve notes would become largely unwanted and irrelevant for ordinary people. Nullifying the Fed on a state by state level is what will get us there.
Without a single act of Congress, the Federal Reserve system can be brought to its knees by passing such bills in states all over the country.
- Arizona Senate Passes Bill to Authorize Gold and Silver as Legal Tender, 18-12 - February 24, 2014
- Arizona Action Alert: Help Pass The Strongest NDAA Nullification Bill in the Country - February 22, 2014
- Arizona Action Alert: Call NOW – It’s Do or Die For Anti-drone Bill - February 16, 2014